The last healthy recipe was such a success, I thought I’d share two that I’m loving right now and are super easy. One is a lentil stew and it’s actually so delicious I keep eating it over and over. More to the point, my suspicious hubby tried it and absolutely loved it.
Aaaannndddd…it’s super easy to make. Only 3 steps!
There’s no link for this one. I got the recipe from my European ancestors, so if you try it, you’re tasting European goodness.
2 carrots (cleaned and peeled)
1 large onion (peeled and diced)
2 bay leaves (Don’t skip this one. It’s magically important)
2 cups of green lentils
6-9 cups of water (you can change this for your favourite broth and it’ll work even better)
1 tablespoon of garlic (Don’t be shy with this one either)
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large pot add the onion, carrots, lentils, garlic, bay leaves and broth (basically everything but the salt and pepper).
2. Bring it to a boil and let it simmer for 40 – 50 minutes or until the lentils are soft.
3. Check it during the process and give it a loving stir. If it looks like it’s sticking, add more water or broth. Add salt and pepper in there some time.
That’s it! When it’s done, it’ll look something like this.
It might not look it, but it’s super yummy and awesome for you. Lentils are a superfood. They’re great sources of iron, protein and fibre!
Super Yummy Smoothie
This one is another of my favourites that I just keep eating. It’s basically a fruit smoothie. Sooo good. You can do all sorts of things with the results, like freeze it and have it for kids as super healthy ice cream, or just as a refreshing snack. I love it and love even more all the vitamins I know I’m getting with this one.
3 oranges (I love these, that’s why I add so many)
1 ripe pear (my favourites are D’Anjou pears but any will do)
1 apple (I use MacIntosh but any will work)
4 spoons of frozen strawberries (super good…so add a couple more!)
3 spoons of frozen blueberries (berries are another super food, so feel free to add more)
1. Cut up and peel all the fruits
This is just the start with the fruits all in the blender
2. Add the oranges first (it makes it easier on the blender). Then the rest of the fruits. If you find they don’t fit (like mine didn’t) then blend away to make room.
After blending to make room
In go the frozen strawberries. And I didn’t add a picture but don’t forget the blueberries
This is the final product…so good!
If you try these, give me a shout and let me know how they worked out for you!