Alas…It already looks like summer is leaving us here in good old Canada. Today, it’s grey, damp and rainy. I won’t complain because we’ve had a lovely summer even if it only lasts two months here. Plus, I got tagged by Melissa Barker-Simpson for this lovely Summertime Book Tag and I can’t wait to share in. (thank you for thinking of me Melissa!)
Here are the questions (and none of them are crazy exam-like questions):
- Show a book with a summery cover.
And yes, I read this one and absolutely loved, loved it. Mary Balogh is amazing.
- Pick one fictional place that would be the perfect destination for a summer vacation!
I would love to visit England for the summer. I’ve been and it’s just beautiful, full of incredible culture and wonderful people. True, my hubby is British, so I’m a little biased. If I had to choose another destination, I’d love to see the East Coast of Canada. Halifax and Nova Scotia. They’re gorgeous places and I’ve never been.
- You’re about to go on a flight to your summer vacation. But you want to read a book that lasts for the whole flight, what novella do you choose?
Depends how long the flight is. If we’re talking only a couple of hours, then I’d reread a book. Right now I’m rereading the Archangel series by Nalini Singh. It’s one of those I keep reading over and over.
If the flight was transatlantic, about 6 or 8 hours, then I’d choose a new book. I’d like to take something I haven’t read yet. Right now I’m reading a Chaos novel by Kristen Ashley. It’s nice and thick, she’s a reliable author and I’d love to have a few hours to just read and read.
On a very long flight, I’d love to take something out of genre that I would read. I like to read Jodi Picoult…Its not my usual thing but I like the way she writes. Or something completely different for me. Just take a chance and test something off the shelf. You never know what you’ll find!
Okay…one thing is obvious, I sure can ramble! Time to shorten these answers!
- You have a case of summertime sadness what happy book do you pick up to shine a smile on your face?
Anything by Susan Elizabeth Phillips. I just finished one by her and she’s outstanding. Though, for honesty’s sake, I’d have to add that reading anything romance cheers me up.
- You’re sitting at the beach all alone…which fictional character would be your beach babe?
Ah….beach babe?…….Ah…….ahem….let’s see….ah….
- To match your ice cream you want an icy cool sidekick! Which fictional side kick do you pick?
Ah…side kick? I thought these questions were going to be easy!….ah….I’m going to choose my doggies…and thank Callum for the idea!
- Share the Summertime Happiness! Who do you TAG?