The top 5 best posts of this little blog, from bottom up according to you, my lovely reader:
5. The amazing abilities of Akitas. This one was from 2013 and still getting traffic. This was back when we only had Ocean and I was starting to figure out that akitas are not your average dog. Let’s just say, it was a learning experience and leave it at that, shall we?
4. If we were having coffee. These are a weekly recap of what’s going on around here and this one, in particular, is funny. I think humour always helps make a better post.
3. The lipstick fiasco. A true story. I certainly couldn’t make this stuff up. And it was a true disaster. Funny now, though…or at least ridiculous.
2. On Pit Bulls and opinions. Well, this one was controversial; something that I try to avoid on my blog. It certainly generated a ton of passionate comments.
1. My pros and cons of a plant-based diet. I had no idea this post would create such traffic–almost seven times the amount of the runner up. I don’t know if its the topic or the timing but it is still the most read post on my blog.
There you have them, the top 5 posts of 2018. A huge thanks to you, lovely reader for hanging out on this little blog and sharing your thoughts with me. I hope, as always, that you enjoy them.
Check out this great post by All About Romance about what’s coming up in romance and not-romance in books. There are quite a few gems out there that look just amazing.
(credit:Church Designer Magazine)
If we were having coffee, I’d tell you that it’s finally turning colder. It’s been so hot that it was hard to see the leaves changing colours while we were in shorts and t-shirts. It just didn’t vibe.
If we were having coffee, I’d tell you that our house is slowly coming back together. A while ago, we found a crack in our ceiling and one to match on our wall. Just around that time, we also found dreaded moisture in our basement and tons of mold on things to go along with it. This weekend, we’ve been purging, washing and throwing things out until there isn’t one surface that hasn’t been covered with vinegar or washed or tossed.
If we were having coffee, I’d tell you that work has been nuts but, after many years at my job, I’m a very capable squirrel.
If we were having coffee, I’d ask you how things are with you? And how is Fall treating you?
(credit:Belleza Skin Care Institute)
Finally, I’d send a huge thanks to Eclectic Alli for hosing Coffee Share and to you, my lovely reader, for reading!
This was supper last night.
If you want the entire recipe, it’s here. Now, I did substitute spinach for the kale and I added mushrooms but the rest of the recipe, I followed to the letter.
I’ve been watching a series for a year or so. It’s the Handmaid’s Tale and it’s terrifying. The show is so scary, I can barely stand to watch it. I almost get physically sick at the thought of what might happen.
But I can’t stop watching.
I don’t like to tell people what to do. So I won’t start here. But if I could tell myself what to do, it would be to never start watching. I’ve read the book and it wasn’t as scary and awful as the show. And I never once thought, this could become reality, with the book.
With the show, it’s a thought that doesn’t leave my mind. And I think that’s the most horrific part of the entire ordeal.
Here are the five top posts of 2017 as ranked by you, the reader!
5. This post was my rambling about a week that was nuts at work and pretty crazy at home. I added some jokes and it resonated with readers.
4. This one made number 4 and is one of my ‘If we were having coffee’ posts. They’re a great way to sum up a week in one post and I find that readers really enjoy them.
3. Number 3 on this humble list is an oldie that just won’t fade away. People love this post about akitas.
2. Number 2 also keeps being a huge hit, especially with bloggers. I had no idea, when I wrote it, that I would still be talking about it years later.
1. This one made number 1 by a mile. It has tons of views and continues to create tons of interest. Nothing I’ve written this year even comes close.
Thank you so much for reading and keeping this little blog alive and here’s hoping you have a wonderful 2018!
(credit: The Kitchn)
If we were having coffee I’d tell you it’s been another very busy week. It’s something that we should expect, since we work with the public and it’s before the holidays, but somehow, it always takes me by surprise.
(credit:Church Designer Magazine)
If we were having coffee, I’d complain to you about my hubby. He is so hard to shop for! He has very wide feet and is not exactly gentle on his shoes, so he is in constant need of new footwear…that means slippers too. Well, none of the ones we’ve got for him are wide enough for his duck-feet or dignified enough for him. So, I got these…
He didn’t like them.
If we were having coffee, I’d tell you that Little Leonard is still with the vet. They’re concerned about his eye and waiting to see how it heals. Poor little guy.
If we were having coffee, I’d tell you I’m still sniffling and sneezing. That cold I had last week seems to like me because it refuses to leave.
Hey, did you just use my napkin? Hm…
A huge thanks to Eclectic Alli for hosting our coffee share. And to you, reader for reading!