This one is for the writers out there. I’ve been in a writing slump for a while now and nothing helps me more than sending out a little love. I’ve collected some links that I hope will be helpful and written a bit about them so you can make that decision without too much effort. Hope you enjoy them.
1. Scrivener – This link is from Writers in the Storm and has 10 great features from this writing tool just for writers.
2. Scams – The web is a wonderful place but it can be dangerous too. Chris the Story Reading Ape (an incredible resource for writers) has this great reblog of sharks out there looking for unsuspecting writers. Check it out and avoid the scams.
3. Contests – If you’re running a contest Chris McMullen will give you free promotion as long as you let him know about it. And if you’re looking for a contest, look no further.
4. Pricing – Deciding on the best price for your book can be a nail-biting puzzle. You want to make a profit but you want it to sell. Is too cheap off-putting? What is the right price for you? The Sprint Shack has a great article on that subject with options pros and cons.
5. Self-Publishing – If you’re ready to self-publish, check out this post by Jeremiah Kleckner with tips for that very important step with thoughts, insight and great links.
6. Book Marketing – A huge thanks to Nicholas C. Rossis for doing the research so we don’t have to. In his awesome post, he lists the best places to promote your book.
Finally, a little humour to make you smile.