Some books are okay, some are good and some are soooo good, I keep re-reading them. Over and over. I’m not exaggerating either, I know some parts like litany. They’re that good. Here are five that fall into that category for me.
1. Slightly Dangerous by Mary Balogh is one of those. I read that story over and over and over and just writing the title down makes me want to pick it up again. The hero is awesome, the heroine wonderful and the story makes me want to go back in time. It’s that good. I simply can’t wait to live it all over again.
2. Death Angel by Linda Howard. The best story and so sad. The hero is terrifying and amazing. The heroine is courageous and awesome. It’s just sooo good, I want to read it all the time.
3. Lover Unbound by J.R. Ward. One of my favourite stories from the BDB series. They just don’t get any better than V and Jane. I go back to this book over and over.
4. The Serpent Prince by Elizabeth Hoyt. An unbelievably good love story about a very corrupt man who finds love and redemption. I go back to this one over and over to find solace and a great love story. It’s just so beautiful.
5. Angel’s Blood by Nalini Singh. Raphael scared me to pieces…until he fell in love with Elena. She’s as tough as he is and they’re such an amazing couple. I love reading how they came to know each other. It’s such a great story and written so well.
How about you? Do you have any amazing books you reread?
I re-read but it usually changes from year to year. Then I go back to the same stories after I’ve been away for a while. This year I re-read:
Everneath Series (3 books) by Brodi Ashton. Love the bad guy in it.
CyborgNation #6 by Kaitlyn O’Connor – it is hilarious to me.
I also re-read Beauty by Robin McKinley it is a classic re-telling and probably my first ever romance read when I was young.
Aww! I love that you can read that first romance again. Mine was Twilight and I don’t know that I can go back…My brain might hate me.
Yeah and there aren’t even any sex scenes in Beauty…go figure!
Ah…the sweet innocence of first romances!
I love it when we can add to the collection of books we enjoy time and time again. This is a great selection, Taylor. I was late to the party in terms of Raphael and Elena – I’m actually listening to the audio book of the second in this series 🙂 I find, if I’ve enjoyed a book enough, and a little time has gone by, I can read it again and get lost in the familiarity of it. A lot of the books I re-read are crime (love Jack Reacher), but also Nora Roberts stands out. Speaking of which, and if I may digress (what else is new?) there’s only a few more days to wait for Blood Magick (The Cousins O’Dwyer Trilogy, #3). I can’t wait to get started!
Nora is a sure bet. She’s sooo good. The woman is magical and with a bit of Ireland in it…you just can’t go wrong. Good choice!
I have such a large TBR list that I don’t get chance to re-read books, though there are plenty I wish I could! 😀
Wowsers! That’s awesome. I just got three books and I’m thrilled with them. Yummy!
Does the outsiders count? Lol. Oh, I tagged you in a social media tag on my blog as well. 🙂
Thank you so much for the tag, Desiree! Awesome!
Wonderful post, Taylor. Since my romance read-overs are old school, you’ve given me a great new place to start. From your wonderful descriptions, I know I’m in for a treat. As for what I read over, I read Gone With the Wind every few years. Before you cringe, let me assure you this is one that stands the test of time. Great story, wonderful characters, outstanding historical fiction, sexuality without overkill…this book has everything. Forget the movie, this book is the real item. And, for hard working writers, books like these teach the craft.
In spite of the fact that I infrequently read what I’m currently writing, I do have a list of SFR read-overs. In fact, I may blog about that if you don’t mind me stealing your idea. It’ll be called: Great Galactic Couples:)
Absolutely! I love to hear what other people read! Great idea and thanks for the tip on Gone With the Wind! I’ll have to check it out!
Pingback: Top 10 posts for October | Taylor Grace