After coming back from work on a particularly long and weary day, I found my two pooches, laying down on the deck smelling the scents of fall, looking at squirrels and it occurred to me. That’s not a bad life they have there. In fact, here are the top five reasons I’d like to come back as one of my dogs.
5. Someone else would do my hair…ahem, fur. I’d have a furry tail but I wouldn’t have to worry if it looked bad or flat or if it somehow got gnarled because I know my owner would comb it until it went from this:
4. Someone else would worry about taking care of my every need. Like trimming my nails, keeping my white fur white and cleaning my ears.
3. I’d get to spend all day either looking out the window or relaxing outside in a safe, well-protected area with plenty of toys and water. Nothing to worry about except when dinner was coming.
2. I’d have a doggie buddy to keep me company and to play with when I’m bored.
1. I’d have no worries about paying the mortgage, those nasty bills or doing my DayJob. Instead, I’d demand belly rubs and insist that every banana in the house is mine.
Overall, not a bad thing, life as a dog.