How I love excerpts. Let me count the ways,
1. They’re free. They require no financial commitment. No risk. You don’t have to pay a thing and yet, you get to sample. Awesome.
2. They’re small. No need to worry that it’s 500 pages and you don’t have to the time to read it. An excerpt is small, a couple of pages at most. It’ll take maybe a couple of minutes and you’re either hooked or not interested. Easy.
3. They’re fun. I hesitate to try horror or drama, but in an excerpt, I’ll try anything. Anything. Yes, even a cooking book.
4. They’re usually really, really good! The author picks a piece that’s tasty and interesting. Either we’re about to meet the hero or they find out something terrifying or you laugh. In any case, the excerpt is a good piece of the pie, worth savouring.
5. I get to find a new author I love. Authors that I love to read are like precious jewels. I hound their sites waiting for their next release. I read and re-read their books over and over. I write their release dates on my agenda and wait impatiently for that next book. They’re a treasure and a girl can never have enough of them. If an excerpt can give me a new author to love, I’ll be over the moon.
Want to try some? Hm? Don’t they sound yummy? Well, here are a few excerpts to wet your tastebuds. Hope you’ll find a new, fantastic author!
* Fool me Twice by Meredith Duran. Historical romance.
* It Happened one Wedding by Julie James. Contemporary romance.
* The Benevolence Archives by Luther M. Siler. Science fiction.
* The Escape by Mary Balogh. Historical romance.
* Prophecy of Stones by Mishka Jenkins. Paranormal romance.
* Oranges for Christmas by Margarita Morris. Fiction.
* Irrevocable by Skye Callahan. Erotic romance.
* Angel’s Blood by Nalini Singh. Paranormal romance.
* Dreamwalker by Deidra Alexander. Paranormal fiction.
* The Scientific Method by Joey W. Hill. Paranormal erotic fiction.
* A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin. Fantasy.
* It’s in His Kiss by Jill Shalvis. Contemporary romance.
* Duke of Midnight by Elizabeth Hoyt. Historical romance.
Have fun and enjoy! 😀